Dual-purpose variety. Early plant, long season. A high-yield, awnless winter wheat ideal for graze & grain, or straight grain production.
- High yielding, awnless winter wheat
- Australian Standard White (ASW) classification for South East and Southern Zones
- Ideal for graze and grain or straight grain production
- Suitable for sowing from mid March
- Excellent disease package:
- MRMS for YLS
- MR-MS stem rust
- WA Yr stripe rust RMR
- Yr17+27 stripe rust R
- New stripe rust MSp
- Provides alternative herbicide control options compared to oats and other forage crops
For Best Results
- Sowing window mid-March until early May
- Sow early for grain and graze situations; manage biomass with grazing
- Sow later for non-graze situations to manage biomass accumulation
Bennett was bred from a complex cross targeting improved BYDV tolerance and YLS resistance in a milling class winter wheat.
Bennett is a tall awnless wheat ideally suited to high and medium rainfall zones, with an early planting opportunity.
In graze and grain operations optimal sowing time is from mid-March through to early May. Bennett provides excellent biomass production for grazing, hay and grain.
Bennett is a full winter wheat, with photoperiod sensitivity, and will generally flower 7-10 days later than EGA Wedgetail. This flowering window assists Bennett in reducing risk of damage through frost exposure.
Bennett provides strong YLS resistance.